Sunday, January 15, 2006

A&F/ Inferno rider profile; Shawn Adams

Shawn here is likely to write the American equivalent of War and Peace. As you will soon see, he's really quite the talker. Fortunately, I hear that he's a pretty fast rider and his legs do the talking for him.

Shawn Adams
6'
165 lbs
10/4/74

I started racing motocross when I was fourteen in Danville Ohio, that was the start of my two wheel addiction. After motocross I discovered mountain biking when I was in college. I was soon hooked and started racing after I graduated from The University of Akron. I worked as a mountain bike guide in West Virginia while I was in graduate school at Slippery Rock University.

My career as a firefighter started next in Akron Ohio. This is when the two wheel addiction really took hold and I started training seriously, and began road racing. Four years later I am on Abercrombie & Fitch presented by Inferno Racing.



We're done now.

I hope that you'll come back to visit and see if Shawn has more to say later. I think he might be kind of like one of those people who keeps it stored up for a long time and then uncorks a long monologue when you least expect it. I'm gonna keep my eye on him and get back to you.

(Shawn just informed me of an excellent interview of him on his old team's website. It's a great read...)

Tim

No comments: