Sunday, March 01, 2009

Kenda Pro Cycling p/b Spinergy; More from team camp

Well, I got into Ohio at nearly 11:00AM on Wednesday after a late night flight from San Diego to Chicago. Needless to say, I was far from my "freshest" when my friend Stefano, from Kenda Tires, picked me up at the airport and we began our drives from Columbus to Greenville.

The drive went through some truly beautiful country and I was shocked to not see any snow at all. However, I did see numerous icicles hanging off of rock faces along the roads where the water was seeping through the rocky hillsides. Otherwise, the drive was pleasantly uneventful and we managed to not get lost along the way.

Camp was based in a beautiful part of Greenville's downtown area and we stayed at the Westin Poinsett, which is a wonderful hotel. When we arrived, the hotel was practically over run by the team riders, the staff, sponsors and a fleet of bikes being assembled and riders being fitted by Tom Coleman and his Wobblenaught staff. It looked a high end bike shop had exploded in the hotel as people scurried to get riders equipped with bikes and all the other sponsor products. It was pretty cool to see the riders being fitted, bikes being built and a season's worth of gear being handed out... it was like bike nerd Christmas come true.


The view of the front area of the hotel.

A bike geek's drem!

Morning came very early after such a long previous day and it came pretty cold. It was cold and grey, but we got out and rode to the Hincapie Sportswear headquarters for a visit with Rich Hincapie and then some team photos.


Team boss, Chad Thompson and I as we got ready to ride.


Hincapie HQ- those yellow jerseys were pretty cool. History.

2009 Kenda Pro Cycling p/b Spinergy- look for these guys on race podiums everywhere this year!

After the team photos, we headed out for a nice little bike ride which felt great to my legs after all that travel the day before. My legs were dead, but getting them moving felt awesome and it was a lot of fun to get out and ride with the team.

We're about to board the plane, so I have to go for now... but maybe I'll post more pics from Chicago during my layover if I can get the wifi working.

Tim

2 comments:

oldschooly said...

Please give Remi McManus and Coleman a Boise 'Whassup?!" for me. Looks like a good time there in NC.

Screaming Monkey Bike said...

I wish I would have known that you would be in Greenville. I would have stopped by to say, Jello... Anderson's a quick jaunt from there. maybe next time.

Charlie