Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

No, I'm not dead- even though it may look that way and even though some folks might wish it were true. Alas, I am still "here"... just not HERE.

In all honesty, it's simply been a matter of time, focus and concentration... oh... and work. In other words, it's not you- it's me. This time of year is when things hit the fever pitch of insanity- filming our dealer DVD, writing copy for our catalog and a new sales manual, being the bigger projects- but not the only ones. On top of that, I've been making a better effort to spend more time with my family- as I've come to realize I haven't been very good at that. In the past 3 weeks though, work has been the 800lb gorilla making family time nearly impossible- one day off in 3 weeks and working 23hrs over the weekend. Needless to say, the blog has taken a hit... hard.

But I'm not giving up and I'm not dropping out of the Social Media world at all. In fact, I've been staying pretty active in SM, just focusing the bulk of my attention on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr (which coincidentally are all very easy to update from my iPhone). So, you can keep tabs on me- if you wish- in each of those locations... but I promise I am going to come back to the blog, once the dust settles. In fact...

... we're now just a little over a week away from the "Tour day France". I think it's time I blow the cobwebs off this thing with semi regular, if not daily, Tour coverage again. I'm going to commit to making a really good attempt to do my daily analysis and predictions. Not sure if I'll go as deep as a stage by stage pre-race analysis this time, but daily highlights from my twisted point of view should be possible. I've always really enjoyed providing that coverage in the past and it's looking like it could be a good race this year. So we'll see how it all unfolds- the race and my "coverage", both.

I'm keeping this short, but you can see what I am up to and what Masi is up to by keeping an eye on these spots;
Masi Twitter
Masi Facebook

My Twitter
My Facebook
My new Tumblr page- almost exclusively pictures and very few words... for those of you who would like to see me go mute...

I'll be back. I promise. I just have to get through this very challenging time and maintain something that resembles a family life.

Yes, I still love you...

Tim

No comments: