Monday, May 22, 2006

Bob Roll update!

Bob has named me the coolest guy in the blogosphere!


Ok, no he didn't- but he would if you asked him, especially if I was standing there handing him a beer at that moment...

Just wanted to pass along the news that the new and improved Bob Roll site is now up and running... so check it out. You can leave comments here about the site- good or bad- because I know Jessi will be around to read them and share them with Bob and the website developer.

Ok, off to bed now...

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who works on websites for a living, I appreciate how much time and effort went into the site, so I don't want it to sound as though I'm being too hard on everyone involved. I agree with Gundog on the Flash aspect. There's no way I'll be visiting a site that is so functionally-illiterate, regardless of what's written there.

From a 'blog' standpoint, it doesn't work on a few, key points: it's not possible to link to specific content; there's no RSS to view content in a reader (that's how I found out about this post); and forcing a user to click through every line of text is painfully slow.

In the end though, it's Roll's site that's all that really matters.

It's just that I won't be visiting unless it's easier for me to read what's there...

Yokota Fritz said...

I had an experience similar to Gundog. When I visited Roll's site when it first came out a couple of months ago, I left some comments in the guest book suggesting usability improvements, with number one being a request for an RSS feed. There was nothing at all inappropriate or that negative in my comments, but they were deleted within hours!