Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Still breathing, if only slightly...

I know, I know, I know... I said I'd be trying harder to be a better blogger. Well... I AM trying... I'm just not succeeding. On top of being exceptionally busy, my laptop has been limping along, thanks to the fact that I almost never delete any email files. So my Outlook file has been dead for the past few days, but thanks to the IT magic of George Nunez (our IT demi-God), I'm up and running again. I am convinced that I am singlehandedly moving George into a higher tax bracket.

I'm hoping that I'm actually back now... hoping.

Anyway, on to the stuff.

Here's where I will be November 15th until the 19th...I plan to sense bodily all that I can while in Tokyo and am sincerely looking forward to attending the show. Japan has always been a place of great interest to me and the Japanese cycling market is totally different than the US or European ones, so this will be a great learning experience. Plus, I'm fairly sure that I'm huge in Japan.

Before getting to Tokyo, I'll be in Taiwan (specifically Taichung) for another week. While there, hopefully I'll get to see the production of the SoulVille bikes. It's always a rush to see your own bikes flowing down the assembly line- especially when it is the bike you have the greatest amount of demand for.

Spring '08 bikes are getting wrapped up now. Colors have been selected and now the "sexing up" with graphics and component color choices is underway. I feel pretty confident you're going to be as excited about the Spring bikes as you have been so far for the Fall bikes. Now I have to push to get sample bikes in time to shoot the next catalog... which is coming sooner, rather than later.

At least I can try to catch up on my sleep during my flight to Taiwan. Unless I'm nervously awake, trying to make sure we come up with more cool bikes.

I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, you're going to love Tokyo. Great city, great people, and great food, too. And, coming from another guy who's tall in the US, you will be literally gargantuan among the native Tokyo-ites. Just be prepared for incredible amounts of second hand smoke. They love their cigarettes over there...

Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Tim, when will the Soulville be available? I had my bicycle stolen ten days ago, and am eager to replace my bicycle, would love to hold out for the Masi Soulville. It would help me to know when it will be available. Thanks!

Tim Jackson said...

Maria! I LOVE Montreal- I am hoping to get back again for the Canadian tradeshow again- I missed it this year and really missed riding my bike up Le Mont and looking over the city, or riding along the river. You live in a beautiful city!

Anyway, Norco distributes the bikes in Canada, so they will be better able to give you an ETA for their delivery, but it will likely be in Spring (or close to it). I'm not asking you wait without a bicycle that long, but I can honestly say it would be worth the wait because the bike is really awesome... in my opinion.

Thanks for stopping by- and have some Poutine for me!

Anonymous said...

I sure do live in a beautiful city! (The Mtl winter provides some incentive to wait, but the fall is gorgeous right now.) Too bad you could not make it for this year's trade show, however, no doubt you'll get here in the future for more cycling up the Mont or along the St. Laurence. I had read on another post of yours that Norco distributes in Canada, but their website does not explicitly say this (which I found unnerving). I will contact them directly to get an eta on delivery time - I know you are right, this bike is worth waiting for!