Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What a day... again...

Today was one helluva day. It's Tuesday and I'm already tired.

We received our copies of Road Bike Action yesterday, and I found this on page 22;

*They did get one thing wrong though, I'm the Brand Manager and not the Product Manager. The Product Manager working with me to create the Masi line is Wayne Doran. They also called the Randonneur the Raconteur... but I am not complaining at all.

When they sent me the questions for this piece, I had no idea they were gonna run all of it verbatim and that I was the only one who would be mentioned. I woulda tried to sound, you know... smart. Regardless, I'm really tickled by this and hope you'll go out and buy a copy of the magazine and support my friends there.

If you saw the Masi website or the Masi Facebook group, you would've seen that I also received and shipped out all of the team frames for the Kenda Pro Cycling p/b Spinergy team. I'm so thrilled to be still working with these guys as they step up to UCI Professional status this year. I really can't say enough how proud I am of the team and how happy I am for my friend Chad Thompson who runs/ owns the team. He has done SO much for this program in a very short period of time. It's been an honor to work with him and I am very happy to see his efforts pay off with this next step in the team's evolution. It's exciting to say the least.

Another really cool thing today was that I had an article published on one of the preeminent online marketing publications in the US- the Marketing Profs Daily Fix blog. I've been one of the contributors to the site for a couple years now, but as things here at Masi have really picked up and my marketing work for the brand has increased (along with the travel), I have had less and less time and ability to contribute. It is no exaggeration to say that writing for the Profs is one of the greatest of my professional highlights. Many thanks to the editor (and my friend), Ann Handley, for keeping me on the list of contributors as I've floated in and out. If you have such an inclination, go give the article a read... just be warned that it's my marketing persona and not my bike persona.

Now that it is nearly 11:00PM, I think I'm going to finally haul my carcass to bed.

Good night my fiends,

Tim

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the write-up, mister! You're a star. (But then, I already knew that.)

Anonymous said...

My issue of RBA Mag hasn't arrived yet but I'm looking forward to reading the piece on you as soon as it does arrive!

Happy New Year!

BVDG said...

you da man TJ, thanks for all the help! Cant wait to see the new steeds...

Yokota Fritz said...

Busy is good, right?

Have a great New Year, Tim, and thanks for your friendship over the past couple of years.

Mark Ritz said...

Nice job, Tim! And you sounded pretty smart to me...

Happy 2009!

libertyonbikes! said...

Well put sir! Refreshing to see a marketing blog that is open to self critique of the roles. I'ld love to see some of that discussion here or on the 'kool aid' - but i guess this is about bikes..... multi talented. - Next we find out you're tri-lingual, and
carry a Phd? Anyways, Happy Holidays to you & little Masi, if only more industry types were so accesible as you are.

Tim Jackson said...

Thanks all!

Happy New Year, as well.

Ann; Thank you for letting me keep with the rest of the class. I promise I'll try to write a little more often.

Mainevelophile; it's just that one page, page 22. What's funny is that I assumed it was just questions posed to all their industry contacts- had no idea it'd just be me. SUPER flattered though.

BVDG; Big man, you're gonna love your new bikes this year, I'm pretty sure.

Fritz; Busy IS good, definitely. And I thank you for your friendship as well- sincerely.

Mark; thank you again for the KOFFEE... it was delicious.

Libertyonbikes- Thanks for the compliment and for commenting on the post. I hope to be getting more posts up on the Kool-Aid site again too. Finding the time for all the various projects is the hard part, but I'm working on it. But I'm not even bilingual, though I'm hoping to change that and at least learn enough Mandarin to be able to converse in Taiwan better.

Again- thank you all and happy new year.

Anonymous said...

How come Masi does not have a Wikipedia page?

Kevin said...

Not that it's a big deal, but a couple of us around the shop were just curious--is there a good reason why the Masi Randonneur was spec'ed with a bolt-on front wheel? Is this a "randonneuring thing?"

Tim Jackson said...

Kevin- admittedly, it was a "style" thing... we really wanted an "old school" look with the high flange hub and QR versions of that hub are very hard to find (at the right price). Going forward, w/ the 2010 version, the front hub will be QR w/ a traditional low flange... until we find a good high flange w/ QR.