Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cool people I know; Taliah Lempert

I am lucky to know a lot of really cool people. Some are like family to me and others are simply acquaintances that I am lucky to have made. I have been blessed over the years to get to know lots of people in many different fields/ areas of expertise. In short; I'm spoiled.

Taliah Lempert is somebody I have mentioned many times here over the years. I am a huge fan of her paintings and have often spread the news of her work here, sharing flyers about her shows or other projects. I first learned of Taliah's work several years ago when I was helping to edit a magazine (iheartbikes) that she and I both were contributing to. It was then that I fell in love with her style and her paintings. Since that time, we've stayed loosely in touch and I am always searching for a way for her and I to work together on some sort of project (and I'm not giving up).

On a recent trip to her website, I saw her t-shirts again and looked through the new designs... which I really need to have. But upon further digging, past the coloring book that I love so much, I noticed she is now also making caps. I love caps and hats of nearly all types... LOVE THEM... and am now in love with her caps. I will posess them... oh yes, I will.

So, for those of you new to Taliah, you really need to go check out her fantastic bicycle paintings. For those of you who are already familiar, I hope you'll dig a little deeper into her site as well... there's good stuff there!

And Taliah, keep up the great work- I always get a rush of inspiration from your paintings.

Tim

3 comments:

Kk said...

Really nice work from Taliah as always. Keep spreading that art love Tim!

libertyonbikes! said...

you're ALWAYS on point!
i'm looking for knickers -BAM
you mention Swobo's sale
and i score cheap knickers.

the only thing i collect
besides flat tubes
is cycling caps,
and I'm a huge fan of Taliah
(she was the featured artist in
the first showing I had),
I was admiring her work with her,
and didn't even know it was her.

IDEA! Masi should commision a painting, use it for an add, AND
do a limited edition poster of the work, maybe make it a series? like some other company - BUT ALOT BETTER! Masi & Taliah - Yes,
classic and style.

Anonymous said...

I saw her work for the first time on CBS Sunday Morning years ago. Now that's some kind of exposure for an artist.

But I would dare say that the best support is from fans like you. Artists everywhere need that. I always appreciate that more than any other kind of exposure. So my hat is off to you, Mr Jackson. And I'm sure many artists would agree with me.