Wednesday, August 05, 2009

I don't know what to say...

I don't know where to begin to express my sadness tonight after hearing that the wife of Fat Cyclist/ Elden, Susan, passed away this evening.

Elden and Susan have been a big part of the cycling community here in the US and have made a big impact on many people's lives. Susan's long time battle with cancer has come to an end and Elden put it best;
Susan’s part in the battle is over, but she didn’t lose. She led the charge. She showed the rest of us how to fight: with determination, focus, creativity, and outrageous endurance.
Amen.

I hope that you will all offer support to Elden and his family during this unbelievably hard time. Best of all, if you can, donate to Elden's Livestrong Challenge fundraiser.

I wish I could think of something that would bring Susan back to her loved ones, but obviously that isn't possible. She touched many lives through her courage. Elden touched many lives through his determination and love for his wife. At this moment, my heart is breaking thinking of it all.

God speed Susan.

Tim

1 comment:

libertyonbikes! said...

Tim,
we all know you supported Fatty on many levels. The Nelsons have touched and inspired so many people, and that is accomplished through the many people online and in the industry, that support them.
Sucks when bad things happen to good guys....