Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Demon has been exorcised!

Finally got a full ride in on the fixed-gear road bike today. No flats. No broken chains. No bee stings... no nothing. 90" gearing is a little big in a hilly area, but I managed to drag my carcass over all the local hills just fine and didn't get too spun out on the downhills. Overall, it was very enjoyable.

It's been a long time since I've ridden a fixed on the road and it is such a blast to do it again. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it- for many of the same reasons I like racing on the track. One gear. One thought. No noise. No gears to think about. No nothing but riding.

With that said, we are developing a fixed gear commuter/ intro-level track bike for the next product range. Needless to say, I can't wait for that first sample to show up... in a 60cm of course (there are benefits to being the "head" of a bike brand).

Tim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a sample in a 56 makes more sense...

Anonymous said...

actually i think a 58 would be a much better choice

Anonymous said...

i second the 58