Friday, May 06, 2005

TGIF!

It's Friday! Yippee! Don't get me wrong, by now you should know I love my job. Still, it's been "one of those weeks" and I'm happy to be heading into a weekend with the family.

Got to take the newly built Speciale Carbon out for a nice little ride today and that has got to be one of the all-time best riding bikes I've ever been on. I'd say that if somebody else's name was on it too, it just rides like a dream. The bottom bracket area isn't quite as stiff as the Gran Criterium, but the overall ride is awesome. The steel front end actually helps to "tame" the stiffness of the carbon stays too, creating a comfortable ride with ground-hugging reliability in turns. I really can't wait to get out and ride it again...

The letter and drawing below came in to the Haro side of the business, but I fell in love with it. As a parent, I have an incredible soft spot for this kind of thing, but it is so darned cute all on its own. I encourage my 12 year-old son to express himself clearly and to not be afraid to express his ideas, so I am proud of this young girl's attempts.

Spending time with the family again this weekend, seeing as to how it is Mother's Day on Sunday. May still try to sneak a ride in (probably), maybe on the fixed gear bike. Gotta' get that leg speed back.

Tim

No comments: