Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I just love this stuff...

A blast from the past; Benotto Celo tape. I always loved this stuff and it is fairly hard to find now that it isn't being made anymore. I found a bunch on eBay and bought it from a guy in Mexico. This tape was always my favorite. Wrapped on the carbon bars, it sure looks great. Before I get blasted about this; yes, I know the tape isn't perfectly even on both sides and that the bar looks like it isn't centered in the stem. The clamp area of the bar, reinforced with a titanium mesh, is off center. The bar is center in the stem, it just doesn't look it. Also, since I haven't wrapped with this tape in nearly 20 years, I'm a little out of practice. The next bar will look better.


This the old GDR (German Democratic Republic) National Team tape. The black stripe is hidden under the rest of the tape, except for in a few places. I also got solid grey, solid yellow, solid white, the Polish National Team (rd/yl/rd) and another GDR roll. Ain't it pretty stuff? So shiny, so glossy, so slippery when wet if you don't have gloves on. It sure looks gorgeous though.


Now I just have to decide which bike gets the tape next... decisions, decisions...

Tim

1 comment:

stickboybike said...

Oh man I peeled some of that off a customers old old bike last month. That stuff reminds me of ribbon candy