Sunday, July 15, 2007

Age of Conversation

I'm one of those people you sometimes see at a party- the one who is hanging around with the cool kids, but is clearly not actually one of the cool kids... that'd be me. I am so very fortunate to be a part of a project that is phenomenal in many ways and it is something that I am also very proud of.

The Age of Conversation is a book with 103 co-authors. It's a book that is about the new world of communication that we live in. It's written largely by a group of marketers, but it reaches way past simple marketing. I personally can not wait to see this book and give it a read... and fortunately I won't have to wait long, since it is officially being released on Monday, July 16th.

Here's the thing with this book- it is the proverbial gift that keeps on giving, since the proceeds from the book go to Variety the Children's Charity and the book is also dedicated to the loving memory of Sandra Johnson Kerley (our dear friend CK's momma). The giving doesn't stop there either because the book gives great knowledge that will, in turn keep giving to all who read it. It's really a magnificent thing.

Each of the 103 writers contribute a chapter, including me. It's probably the one and only time I've kept my writing brief and (hopefully) to the point. It was a stretch, but I made it through the process.

I hope that you will give the book some consideration and buy a copy for yourself and maybe even for anybody who you think might benefit from such a book. Heck, just buy a copy because the money goes to a great cause! Really, you can't go wrong.

I know that I am really looking forward to seeing exactly what all the other authors have to say- I've been waiting far too long since the project began. The anticipation is killing me!

Here are all the authors; (I swear I can't believe I'm on the same list as these folks...)

Gavin Heaton
Drew McLellan
CK
Valeria Maltoni
Emily Reed
Katie Chatfield
Greg Verdino
Mack Collier
Lewis Green
Sacrum
Ann Handley
Mike Sansone
Paul McEnany
Roger von Oech
Anna Farmery
David Armano
Bob Glaza
Mark Goren
Matt Dickman
Scott Monty
Richard Huntington
Cam Beck
David Reich
Luc Debaisieux
Sean Howard
Tim Jackson
Patrick Schaber
Roberta Rosenberg
Uwe Hook
Tony D. Clark
Todd Andrlik
Toby Bloomberg
Steve Woodruff
Steve Bannister
Steve Roesler
Stanley Johnson
Spike Jones
Nathan Snell
Simon Payn
Ryan Rasmussen
Ron Shevlin
Roger Anderson
Robert Hruzek
Rishi Desai
Phil Gerbyshak
Peter Corbett
Pete Deutschman
Nick Rice
Nick Wright
Michael Morton
Mark Earls
Mark Blair
Mario Vellandi
Lori Magno
Kristin Gorski
Kris Hoet
G.Kofi Annan
Kimberly Dawn Wells
Karl Long
Julie Fleischer
Jordan Behan
John La Grou
Joe Raasch
Jim Kukral
Jessica Hagy
Janet Green
Jamey Shiels
Dr. Graham Hill
Gianandrea Facchini
Geert Desager
Gaurav Mishra
Gary Schoeniger
Gareth Kay
Faris Yakob
Emily Clasper
Ed Cotton
Dustin Jacobsen
Tom Clifford
David Polinchock
David Koopmans
David Brazeal
David Berkowitz
Carolyn Manning
Craig Wilson
Cord Silverstein
Connie Reece
Colin McKay
Chris Newlan
Chris Corrigan
Cedric Giorgi
Brian Reich
Becky Carroll
Arun Rajagopal
Andy Nulman
Amy Jussel
AJ James
Kim Klaver
Sandy Renshaw
Susan Bird
Ryan Barrett
Troy Worman
S. Neil Vineberg

C.B. Whittemore

I'm so not worthy... but I'll happily ride the coattails of these fine folks!

Again, please buy a copy of this book- it'll be worth it... I promise!

Tim

7 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Sounds like I might be a bit like you. I'm so dorky that I don't realize I'm uncool and talk to the cool kids anyway.

I was the ultra-skinny kid with the caved in chest, greasy hair and zits in high school. I was a "band fag," yearbook editor, and president of the computer club, but my friends included the head cheerleader and football quarterback and most of the wrestling team. I was either too oblivious to know any different or too self-confident to care.

I actually wasn't the least bit confident in my teen years so it must have been the other thing.

Yokota Fritz said...

Forgot to mention: I was also one of those fruity kids that the babelicious women thought of as "safe," so of course I was invited to all of their slumber parties. I think they thought I was gay or something.

Gavin Heaton said...

The wait is now over, Tim. You have helped to make this a world first!

Donna T. said...

Congrats!!! I'll order one tonight!

Toby said...

Tim - I love your writing and am so excited to read your chapter. In my mind you are def one of the cool kids!

Moda di Magno said...

Tim! I'm so excited to read your chapter. I bought the e-book (and got the company to spring for a hundred copies split between hardback and paperback.) Cheers mate!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Tim, that's impressive! Congratulations!