Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thanks Mom!

Today is Mother's Day and my mom's gift is the fact I am out of the hospital and on the road to recovery. She'd probably prefer flowers... but... or the announcement of my retirement from racing (at least on the track)... but...

But anyway, she gets to keep me around to worry about for a few more years at least (I hope). So Mom- thank you for all the love and support over the years. I know it hasn't always been easy and has certainly been bloody, but you gave me good enough genes to keep bouncing back and never give up. As much as quitting racing might make you feel a little better about my safety, you KNOW I'd just find another way to hurt myself. C'mon... this is me we're talking about... and besides, you DID teach me to not give up... so at least I listened to you on one occasion anyway.


For your "present" this year, I promise I will do my best to stay out of the hospital and to always remain conscious. Your love and support over the years has often been the difference between success and failure for me and I hope to one day repay you... somehow. Maybe I can make you a ceramic mug/ ashtray or some paper flowers? With my right hand bandaged up, if I use my left to paint you some pictures, it might be just like kindergarten all over again- I think I saw a blank spot on your refrigerator the last time I was there. Consider it...

I love you Mom!

Tim

No comments: