Monday, February 09, 2009

Time off

I know it's only 9:00PM, but I'm taking the rest of the night off! I came back to the office today to the usual mountain of mail and boxes at my desk. FYI- Never leave your desk for more than a day/ weekend if you can avoid it. However, at the bottom of the mountain was a box from Shimano. The box was the perfect size to fit most, if not all, of a new Shimano 7900 Dura Ace group... but that wasn't it.

Instead, my good friend Tyler at Shimano sent me a copy of the incredible Cor Vos cycling photography book, Emotions. This book is filled with some of the most incredible cycling images ever. For as familiar as most English-speaking cycling fans are with the work of Graham Watson, there are very few who recognize the name Cor Vos. And that's a pity.

I'm only a few pages into the book so far and I am absolutely riveted by the images of bicycle racing beginning in the late 1960's. My love of cycling began in 1982 and the images in the book bring back memories of old magazines and photos taped to the walls and ceiling of my bedroom.

So even though I'm only a few hours into the second shift, I'm taking the rest of the night off to spend some quality time with some incredible cyclilng images... I hope you won't mind.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had friends like Tyler