Thursday, September 01, 2005

This electronic world.

Eurobike began today and already pictures of goodies are showing up all over the place. Remember the long lost days of yore when you had to wait for a print magazine to show up in your mailbox or on the newsstand so you could see what was on show at the tradeshows? Sure seems like that was a hundred years ago now.

From time to time I am reminded just how amazed I am by technology. I take this blog for granted even sometimes. To me, it's pretty crazy that the show is going on in Germany and we are seeing pictures of products and people, in many cases "live".

It is my plan, whether it happens or not, to report on Interbike and ExpoCycle daily. I plan to take the camera and snap pictures to download and stay plugged in. Granted, some of those posts may happen at 2:00-3:00 in the morning after a few drinks and might not make any sense and the pictures might be considered "evidence" by some people, but that's still the plan. Wanna know one of the things I'm most anxious to do in Montreal; I can't wait to get my hands on a nice Cuban cigar. Maybe a Partagas, or a Cohiba. I haven't decided. But I will have one, you can bank on that. I'm gonna light one up with the good guys from Norco and celebrate a good show. That's my treat to me.

Anyway, Eurobike is going on now, Milan and ExpoCycle happen at the same time and then we head into Las Vegas. The internet is soon to be absolutely buzzing with pictures and commentary on all the new bikes and gear. It's a good time to be a geek right now.

A good read from my buddy at Shimano... it's good for a giggle.

Tim

1 comment:

dan23dan23 said...

That Goat sure is funny. I like how he keeps asking for something to eat.