Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's like dejavu...

It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I was here in the San Diego airport sitting on the floor with my laptop and waiting to board a plane for Taiwan... probably because it was!

And here I am again. Another two weeks in Taiwan waits for me. The local news media was making quite a big deal about the holiday travel situation and the need to be at the airport early due to the huge crowds of people traveling. The warnings were to be at the airport 2 hours early for domestic flights and 3 hours early for international flights. I got here two hours early and was feeling a little nervous in the cab that I would be cutting it close. Got to the airport and the car traffic looked slightly heavier, though not crazy... although every local news station had their satellite trucks out and news reporters with mics in hand trying to talk to travelers... especially the ones kissing "good bye" and/ or crying.

I stepped in to the terminal and walked straight up to the check-in counter with my bags and then cruised straight on through security without having to even stop. Then I walked straight to the gate! FYI- travel this morning in San Diego is light!

So as Thanksgiving day approaches, I want to say thank you to all of you who continue to come by here and check in from time to time. I sincerely thank you for the support and kindness you have given me over the years- but especially this very trying year. I wish you and all of your friends, family and loved ones the very best this holiday. I am thankful for many little blessings this year. Last November was not an easy one for me personally, but a lot has changed in my life and I am thankful for the people in my life. Thank you for being a part of that.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing to communicate and share with us peeps throughout this year filled with challenges!

You are a very genuine fella, it comes through very clearly in your writings. It's a breath of fresh air in an industry that has been stand offish in years past.

Donna Tocci said...

Tim, I'm so glad you are in a great place in your life. Happy Holidays, my friend.