Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A funny thing happened on the way to work...

Not really, but I was scratching my head for another blog title that might get you to read this. It was was a trap- I admit it.

Our week of meetings began today, or more importantly the building of PowerPoint presentations and scrambling to find and understand lots of numbers. A) I hate PowerPoint with the white-hit intensity of a thousand blazing suns, 2) I'm not a numbers guy- I'm a word guy, so staring at numbers on an Excel spreadsheet is kinda like biting your tongue while eating and then getting a paper cut on it immediately after... so today and the previous days this week have been painfully odious just because the tasks at hand have been lacking any particular "fun". Because of the need to do real work and having important visitors, I only had the chance to ride for 30 minutes today around 2:00. Still, it was 30 minutes outside in the sun, away from my desk and spreadsheets... so yeah, it was pretty sweet. Honestly, 30 minutes was prolly pretty good for me since I have ridden pretty briskly the past few days... well, briskly for somebody who has gotten as out of shape as I have. 30 minutes was enough to get the legs stretched out and throw in a couple little efforts on a few of the rolling hills along the route near the office. By the time I turned the corner up the last rise to the office, I was hot and sweaty and my legs were feeling a little burn. I can live with that.

I'm thinking I need to come up with some kind of cool contest to run on this blog and/ or the company website blog. Not sure what it will be yet, but I'm gonna do something. I'm thinking it will likely involve video though- and humor. Humor always. Winner might get something small like one of the new Masi t-shirts, or maybe a kick ass frame. Not sure which yet... so it's probably a good idea to keep posted.

With this rekindled desire to update the blog daily, I'm thinking the Daily Drive and/or Sock of the Day features might be coming back to the blog. Bringing back the SotD might get me a few cool new pairs of socks from my close friends at SockGuy (the best socks ever)...

The weight is beginning to look a little better with all the recent riding- already down 3-4lbs to around 208. Not back to 195 yet, but better than the 211+ I reached again. Now that I'm back on the bike and riding, it's time to start redoing the diet again- especially since I am sure the cholesterol is back up in the ugly zone now that I've been off the meds for several months and the diet has gone backwards, along with the riding. Hopefully now I can refocus and get back to the better eating habits... maybe.

I'll leave you with this...

Tim

1 comment:

Rusty said...

ahhh.....mmmmmm, Tim, after watching the video that you posted....errr, ummm; are you sure that you should be the stewart of bringing another "being" into this world???? (by the way, congrats!)

Rusty