Friday, January 15, 2010

I fell asleep!

I know I missed my blog post yesterday/ last night, but I have a really lame excuse at least; I laid down on the floor to stretch out my back and ended up falling asleep around 8:30 instead and didn't wake up until around 11:30... so I just got up and went to bed. Apparently, I was actually tired.

Yesterday was also the long-awaited first doctor visit with my wife's new doctor- the one who will be delivering our baby in April. This was Ann's first ever doctor visit in the US, so it was a totally different experience for her. I'm glad I was there to keep her company and help with "translating", not to mention just simply having the chance to meet the woman who will be holding my daughter even before I get the chance. As it turns out, she also delivered one of my nephews and comes highly recommended. Needless to say, we were both really put at ease. I think we both left feeling a lot more relaxed.


Meet the newest Jackson! I can tell by the fist pump she's giving me here that she's gonna be every bit as awesome as her sister.


And she's already showing signs of a meaty brain. Hopefully she has the brain of her mother, just like her sister.

She was being stubborn and was lying face down and looking away for the entire sonogram, so I didn't get a chance to see her eyes yet, but I'm sure they're beautiful!

Yesterday was also the 3rd day of sushi for lunch... and I loved every single morsel of it. However, since Ann has to avoid certain fish because of the pregnancy, telling her about my sushi dining has me sleeping with one eye open these days. (A man can never be too careful around a pregnant woman.)

If I can manage to keep from falling asleep tonight, I'm hopping back on the rollers tonight. I need to burn calories! The weight isn't falling off as quickly as I'd like- guess I might have to go back to watching what I eat... maybe. I did make a few detours to our little weight room at work today whenever I was downstairs in the warehouse. A quick pit stop to the weight bench to bang out a couple sets of leg extensions... just a little. You know... just to keep a little power building. (It's killing me to not be down there every day doing squats!)

For all the weather-related trash talking I was doing recently, things are about to get a lot ickier around here starting Sunday with a good week+ of rain expected, along with cooler temps. We desperately need the rain though, so it's worth the lack of sunshine for a bit... even if it does turn me into a huge whiner.

To cap off the cavalcade of Masiguy-ness, I leave you with this;


It's like 1983 all over again... just more glossy.

Tim

4 comments:

getinlost said...

HA! Your weather karma is making things even.

Dan O said...

The ultrasound pics are cool. I remember both episodes with my two kids and looking at the results - amazed.

Great stuff and great memories.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on bub #2... we just had #2... AND #3 arrive before xmas.

And bah humbug to the no raw fish deal the docs carry on with,... the japanese seem to do ok...

Chris

stickboybike said...

Nice! Reminds me of the time I saw Depeche Mode in concert and they still stood at keyboards too. Synth-pop forever, haha!