Thursday, May 03, 2007

Spotlight; Behind Bars

Behind Bars is a great little shop in Minneapolis. It's owned by Chuck Cowan and his wife Stephanie (and his little girl Daisy). Chuck is a good guy and we've become buddies over the past couple years.

Chuck and the shop support the LGR- Little Guy Racing- team. This is one crazy bunch of fun, bike riding folks. Among them are Gilby, (dis)pencer and Super Rookie. Their motto is pretty much "fun"... if you didn't get a feel for that yet. I am filling in as the West Coast representative...
Representin', yo! It's pretty much a twofer for me; supporting a great shop and supporting a great group of folks... a win-win! (Thanks for the kit guys/ gals... I'll wear it proudly.)

Chuck is also a sponsor of one of the biggest and mostest funnest alleycat races on the planet; Stupor Bowl. Chuck and I worked out a deal so that Masi could be a sponsor of the event this year and so the winner of the women's race received a Masi Speciale Fixed! If that isn't motivation to race your heart out, I don't know what is!

So without further delay, meet the lucky winner of the bike and the women's race; Stephanie Sibet!
Is there anything better than a happy girl and her bike? I just don't know if there is. Steph is a courier for Street Fleet in Minneapolis, so if you see an orange flash go buy on the mean streets of the Mini Apple... it's prolly Steph!

Good work Chuck, LGR and Steph!

Tim

4 comments:

Adam said...

You said "prolly."

Anonymous said...

I see that size 'Medium' suits you perfectly.

Oh. The Masi group is connecting on Saturday as I am on feed duty for the A&F boys here in Minnesota.

I was told that I have to wear 'loose-fit' jeans and my white collared shirt unbuttoned, blowing in the wind, next to the beach, with tons of babes around.

Donna T. said...

Stuperbowl rocks! I don't know how they race in that freezing cold, but they do. Heck, I don't know how they messenger in the Minneapolis winters...they are tough guys and gals. I prefer to visit the city in the summer...it's gorgeous. And, I'm sure the May sun glinting of the new Masi is beautiful...

blue squirrel said...

MEDIUM... ok ok, stop it, let me pick myself up off the floor... a medium? oh laughing hurts with a broken collarbone....