Saturday, October 07, 2006

Buy this stuff!

I don't frequently give product endorsements, but there are some products that just merit praise. It doesn't hurt that I like the people associated with the product...

Medion Corporation is the maker of eLoad and eMend, two products that I highly recommend. You might recall that Medion is the official supplier of hydration products for the A&F/ Inferno team that Masi sponsors. I was first introduced to the products when I attended the team training camp in February. Darren Zielinski is the guy who is pretty much The Man for Medion in the US (the company is from Canada). On top of that, he's just a cool good guy.

Out at Dirt Demo this year, Darren set up a tent and poured folks something tasty to drink in the heat. Well, he set up the tent after the folks from GES found his stuff... which was in the Expo hall and not in the desert, where he needed it. It was about 2:00-ish when he finally got his tent and product on the first day of demo. In the end, he got his stuff in time to hydrate a few folks and even got the EMT's using the product for their hydration needs. Pretty cool...

Anyway, Darren "discreetly" left a few packets of eLoad and eMend each time he would swing by my booth at demo. He came by a few times in two days... so I got a good handful of individual packets. Since I hadn't used the product since February, I'd kind of forgotten how good the stuff works and tastes. One of the things I like the most about the products is that they don't have a super sweet taste and don't lead to any stomach issues when riding. Some products end up giving you stomach cramps (or worse), so I appreciate the mild flavor and how well it is absorbed into the body. Dr. Stoddard, the creator of the product, explained all of the benefits of the products and how they work (and they DO work) during the team's training camp. Let me just recap that by saying there is a lot of science behind the products.

The point is, if you are looking for a great working, great tasting performance hydration product this is the stuff you need to be using. In all the years of riding and racing that I've done (nearly 25 now), I've yet to find a product that works this well.

Ok, I'll stop now...

Tim
(For the record, I am not getting paid or getting abunch of free product for this. Using the product recently simply reminded me how much I like the stuff. Plus, Darren is a cool guy and I wanted to offer up a good testimnoial for a fellow team sponsor. So there...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly that Eload is the best drink i've had. Way better than Endurox, gatoraide, accelerade etc. It doesnt have the sugar that makes your mouth dry taste.

The stuff rocks!!

JC said...

If I would have to buy a product, It would be E-Load and E-Mend.

This year was the first year that I went through the season with no leg cramps but more importantly stomache cramps.

I have tried everything for the last 4 years. I am very thankful that I was at the right place at the right time. Thanks for the sponsorship this year Darren.

To let others know I have been racing for over 5 years now and I took off 1 year of using a drink when I race. I couldn't stand the stomache pains anymore. But when Darren became a part of A&F cycling team I will no longer have to worry about that. I may have to buy the product the rest of my life but it will be worth it trust me.

Anonymous said...

Eload...
somebody hook a brother up

Queen of Couth said...

My ass. . .. you're all popular and famous now, you are SO getting endorsements.
bk

ps. I've lost 12 lbs. I'm hot now