Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm a slob.

I admit it; I'm a slob. I'm also a pack rat and a hoarder. I have bunches of old bike parts that I will never use again and that are useless to almost anybody. I'm a mess...

Today I spent a couple hours going through the boxes and stacks of crap on and around my desk. All the magazines, all the sample parts, all the old parts that have been taken off my bike and replaced with another, all the invoices, letters, sponsorship requests, product information, etc. I'm not even close to done, but I did manage to toss out a few boxes of crap... and I do mean crap.

Like the former communist Soviet Union, the walls are coming down at Masi (Haro). My little cubicle will be demolished by the lovers of freedom and open space. Gone will be the walls and secrecy they provide... I'll be exposed to the world within our offices. Naked and bare...

It's the dawn of a freaky new day...

Tim

7 comments:

Bernie said...

I got dibs on the Benotto bar ribbon... belgian flag colors, please.

Jill Homer said...

Those parts were useless to you, but I bet someone, somewhere would value them.

The Internet/cyclist community should start up a part exchange. Imagine the possibilities.

James T said...

I have been selling some of my old bike stuff on eBay. You would be surprised what you consider junk that some people really want. Speaking of Benotto, I had four unopened packs of new old stock Benotto tape that I just sold. That tape was in odd colors like pink and brown and was given to me by the owner of a bike shop I worked in many years ago. I almost tossed it, but I am glad I didn’t. Somebody else really wanted that brown..

a2 said...

Sounds like you need a viewing of the movie Office Space. Just don't let Lumsford ask you to go ahead and come in to work on saturday.

Gilby said...

As a fellow packrat, I feel your pain. I hate to say it, but...I like having a cubicle. I don't feel quite as isolated as I do when I'm in my own office, and yet I feel kinda comforted by having something around me. But bare open space around one's desk?! Where do you hide the "to file" pile?!

blue squirrel said...

now this is comedy, can i view the video on youtube???

Anonymous said...

funny i am doing the same thing today... except i have to watch out for sharp pointy knives... personally i think i should get hazard pay for this... ouch!