Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I'll sleep when I'm dead..."

I've been awake since 3:00AM because I fell asleep on my couch last night, when I was trying to just get a short nap before digging into a mountain of work. Ah, the glamorous side of being a Brand Manager...

I won't bore you with my usual moanings of "oh my gawd, I'm so busy". I'm trying to get away from that, since it is now the permanent status quo. But yes... I'm darned busy right now... just like many of you.

Thank you all, again, for the support regarding my recent cholesterol issues. I sincerely appreciate the support and hearing your own stories of how you are dealing with your challenges. Once I get my head more above water, I am thinking of doing a little fitness challenge or just a simple support network. I have been riding every day since the "diagnosis" and have been watching my diet. My weight has bounced around over the past week by about 2 pounds, but I am hoping to lose about 20 pounds total. With that in mind, it would be fun to start a group to encourage all of us to meet our weight or fitness goals for the year... so stay tuned for more. It may be something here or maybe a group in Facebook, not sure yet.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'm still here and that I haven't vanished and also that I am staying focused on my health and riding as much as I can.

Thanks again for the support and friendship... now it's back to work before I have to leave... for work.

Tim

7 comments:

Mark Ritz said...

I like the idea of a challenge. Let me know the details as they develop.

libertyonbikes! said...

now was that nap one of those 'food induced coma' naps?
that was me last night - today is shot. put it on facebook & let us know when.

Anonymous said...

Come join me on Jan 25 8AM at Adams Ave bikes for an easy/no drop ride. We taking turns on the Sun ride. We can talk about my Speciale Sprint!

Tony V

gianandrea said...

What about to create a page on FB or a blog, collectively, about the challenge of getting back in health and shape? We could exchange suggestion and ideas and put our before and after. Let's talk about it.

Bike Junkie said...

I'd be interested in the challenge. I need to loose about 20-30 pounds myself. Keep us posted.

Screaming Monkey Bike said...

I've lost 40 pounds and I guess it's time to admit that I need to loose another 40.. oh the pain of it!!! Check out my post on cayenne pepper. That stuff works wonders for your circulation and blood flow i.e; cholesterol.I take Pravachol. It works real well for me. Sure beats the alternative.. plaque!!!
Heart disease runs in my family so I try to "kiss my hearts, ass" as much as possible. Here's to living to 100.. CHEERS !

S.Monkey/ fellow buckeye

Sprocketboy said...

I participated in the Fat Cyclist's weight loss challenge two years ago and managed to come third overall, to my surprise. I have pretty well managed to keep off the weight but plan to drop some more winter fat in preparation for riding the big climbs in Europe in summer. Every year I reread Dr. Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" which is probably the best book on nutrition around. I have been a vegetarian for the last decade, which helps, but his book really destroys the idea of fad diets and sets you up for the rest of your life. Like exercise, it becomes something you just do instead of something temporary. Good luck!