Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Let's get ready to r-u-m-b-l-e! (Or- "That's gonna' leave a mark!")

Ouch! Smacking the track at speed is a painful experience. Fortunately, I wasn't one of the ones to fall. Two of the better riders we get at our races went down pretty hard, but were both fine. Neither needed stitches or broke any bones. One bike was knackered pretty bad, but both guys got up on their own and walked away. Controversy ensued, but the evening was able to otherwise continue.

I was able to avoid the carnage by pulling out of the race the previous lap, so after the spill took place I pulled the plug on my racing for the night (just getting back to feeling good after my two crashes last year) and sat in the stands with friends and had a beer. That's beauty of it all- plenty of good friends hanging out watching the races. A friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a while said, "dude, you're like a rock star- everybody wants to talk to you." Cool! Since I have absolutely no musical talent, that's as close as I'll ever get. It's all about the bikes... otherwise, I'm just another dork at the track.

Tim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wait til your track buddies find out you're vaso-dilating. You'll make Bono look like just another Irish lad down at the pub throwin' darts and drowing in Guinness - not that that's a bad thing...