Sunday, February 19, 2006

Why does it have to be cold?

Why does it have to be cold and/or wet and/or snowing when I go to the team camp? Why? Can't it be sunny, warm, dry and flat? I've heard some insane rumours that their are hills in North Carolina. Man, that just reeks of bad news for me...

This story was on the Savage Hill website and it is a great read. Savage Hill is the former team for a number of the riders on A&F/ Inferno, so there are still some good freindships there.

All false whining aside, I'm getting pretty excited about the trip and can't wait to bundle up and get out for a ride with the guys. I'm really looking forward to riding with the team, getting to know the guys and meeting some of my fellow sponsors. All in all, it should be a great time and you know I'll have plenty to say about it afterwards too...

Tim

7 comments:

4x4 Champ '07,'08,'09 said...

I think I rode 2.5 hours one day last week in 24 degree weather. Toughen up man! Granted today I don't think I went outside for more than five minutes.

Anonymous said...

it may not be 30 degrees here [well last night it got down to 39], but have you looked outside lately, it has been cold and poring rain up here in smelL.A, we started our ride this morning in sub-60 degree weather, peaked at 74, and by the time our 4000' climbing day was over, it was 53, not to mention high 40's in the shade in the canyons. oh, i guess i have nothing to complain about, have a good time...

Anonymous said...

tim, if you wanted to get some more mileage out of that cold weather gear you should swing up our way sometime...

or better yet, wait till race season starts @ blaine....

Anonymous said...

It's warm here. If you have the time bring your bike.

4x4 Champ '07,'08,'09 said...

When are you going?

Anonymous said...

Nancy!

Anonymous said...

you didn't die did you?