Friday, April 03, 2009

San Diego Custom Bicycle Show

I meant to mention this show earlier, but starting today and running through Sunday is the San Diego Custom Bicycle Show. The list of exhibitors is pretty impressive and is a good sampling of many of the best builders in the US - primarily the West Coast- that you would see at the larger North American Handmade Bike Show (NAHBS) that has grown over the past 5 years.

I'll be walking around and hanging out for a good part of the day Saturday- not as an exhibitor- but as a fan of the craft and a very happy bike geek in my favorite element. The show is just off the 8 freeway at the Town and Country Resort and Convention Center, in their Golden Pacific Ballroom.

If you're in the area this weekend and like bicycles, I really recommend that you check the show out. I'll be the tall bike nerd walking around with camera in hand and a big goofy smile. Say hi if you see me... once I snap out of my bike lust trance, I might even say hi back!

Tim
(PS- I have it on good authority that their will be a mini reunion of former employees of Masi California from the 70's/80's era around 1:00PM on Sunday... just in case you can make it.)

2 comments:

KING357 said...

Tim there is something in your ",about me", that has bothered me, for quite some time, actually. You say you are a "recovering bicycle addict" I pose this question to you Tim. Why? Why live in denial, of a problem to which there is no escape, no support groups, no 30,60,90, days without a bicycle chip. Just accept your addiction as I have, embrace it, it is a life chosen by few. The masses will laugh and ridicule us. But, as gas prices rise again this summer, it will be us of strong calves that will laugh back, loudly.
Take it easy, Tim. Rubber Side Down. One Path at a time......
P.S. I was going to post this as anonymous, but I am proud of my addiction.

mrblogalot said...

I love bike lug work!

Hey Tim, I was wondering if you donated a MASI to SNAFUBMX's R&D dept... are we going to be seeing a collaboration fixed gear bike?

recovering bike addict... ha! denial is the first symptom of being an addict.