Sunday, March 18, 2007

Catching up... and Happy Birthday to me!

Sorry for the lack of posts- it's been a way bit busy with the travel and then the getting over the travel. I get to get back on a plane on Wednesday and return to Taiwan for the Taipei tradeshow.

So, first things first; today is my birthday. Yep, 37 now. I know I look more like 57 with all the grey hair, but I'm still under 40 for now. So, it's nice to get older today. For my birthday, I went for a nice long ride. I rarely ride on weekends because of family commitments, so getting out for a 6 hour ride is very rare. I bit off more than I should have tried to chew... and bonked harder than I ever have! It was actually kind of comical- the swerving, the incoherent babbling to myself, seeing spots and all that cool stuff. I thought I was going to have to walk up a few hills- it was that bad. But... I got to ride my new rig... which made it all better.



Go ahead, slobber all you want.

The DC National Bike Summit was amazing. I will put up a longer post soon, with lots of pictures... but for now you can read my cohort's version of things.

Here's some scary proof I was actually there.


I'm as scared as you are... I promise.

Tim

16 comments:

Yokota Fritz said...

Happy Birthday, Tim, and welcomme back to Cali.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tim. Yep, the suit scares me. I hope you werte wearing a pair of Sock Guy sox with the ensemble.

Anonymous said...

hmm tim , can i confess - i have a crush on bicycles too. there is nothing like pedalling away to glory, so before my mind does all that pedalling, here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

A very Happy Birthday to u Tim...good to see that u have a thrilling trip and yea...trips r always thrilling no matter wherever it is...I too love travelling a lot and ur picture is fantastic...post few more...u can also check out some really cute egreetings at my blog along with some hip-hopping ideas on birthday parties...cheers :)

Anonymous said...

Happy BDay Timmie

and holy head tube batman!

Darren Zielinski said...

Happy B-Day bro! Have you received a shipment from me/Rocket Science Sports yet? Cheers!

James T said...

Happy birthday Tim and nice bike!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from the ubiquitous anonymous blogger! That sure is a purdy ride-LOVE the graphics!

Mack Collier said...

Happy B-Day Tim!bj

Anonymous said...

You know what they say about guys with long head tubes...

Mine's 200mm, btw. And is that Campagnolo on that Masi? Nice.

Happy Birthday and welcome back from the Summit!

T-Guy J said...

Happy Birthday Old Man

Moda di Magno said...

Happy Birthday Tim! I hope you get a peaceful, long ride in for your special day.

Best from Boston,
-Lori

Donna Tocci said...

OMG, you are such a young pup! Happy Birthday, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Here's to this one being the best year yet!

Bernie said...

Holy cow, those panels are hot! I want a bike like that; no, scratch that... I NEED one of those. In orange, of course.

Lizardo said...

Happy belated, Tim. Bonking sucks, but is fun to talk about after it happens.