Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My mind is spinning!

It's a nutty time to be in the bike business these days... at least it is for me and my cohorts at Masi/ Haro...

Most of you have not even seen the newest bikes we have produced and many models have not even been shipped to us yet. However, my product manager (Wayne Doran) and I have already wrapped up all of the Spring '08 bikes and now I am working on creating that new catalog (and it seems like the ink is still wet on the current one). Now I have to wrap up selecting new colors and finish spec (like within the next week or so) for all of the new Fall '08 bikes. No wonder I always feel dizzy and disoriented (I thought it was all the hits to the head I've taken...)

I leave in a couple weeks, January 5th, for the next trip to Taiwan. I also made the decision today that I'll be back in Taiwan for the Taipei show in March... which means I'll either be in Taiwan for my birthday (March 18th) or on a flight back, most likely. I'm going to Taipei, rather than returning to Germany for Eurobike. As amazing as that show is and as much I really want to be there, I am still unable to sell into Europe. That means that my trip to Germany is solely as a spectator doing research. Now, it was worth going this year, but if I am only going to do research and find ideas/ inspiration, then I think I should go to Italy next year instead and keep going to different markets. Plus, our distributor in Canada (Norco) is having some good success with our newest bikes and it makes much more sense for me to travel to Montreal again and go back to the Canadian version of Interbike- Expo Cycle. Besides, I really do love Montreal and was sad that I didn't go this year. Norco is a great company and they have been very good for Masi in Canada, so I really want to return to Montreal and help them as much as I can with the brand there. Since the dates for Eurobike and Expo Cycle are so close, I had to make the painful choice to return to Montreal (but I'm taking my bike again and riding up the Mont and along the river once more).

Oy, I'm feeling jetlagged and dizzy just thinking about it all... I gotta go lay down.

Tim

5 comments:

spokejunky said...

Be safe and prepare for your next CT scan:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:MPK_Co%27s_Litroenergy

Anonymous said...

You better let me know if you are coming to Italy. I am less than 30kms from the border! BTW, my favorite part of your posts is starting to be the tags you put on them.

dan23dan23 said...

Timmy,

The show is over on the 17th, so it looks like birthday plane ride for you...

Let's try to get some fish while we are there - that is if you can make some time for me...

Michael said...

Is Masi hiring these days?

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim!
I am glad you are coming to Montreal! I am just getting a chance to catch up with you now, with a lull in my work (I wish).
I'll take the opportunity to hope your Christmas was good and wish you a Happy New year too - all the best for all the good things to come in the coming year.
Maria