Sunday, September 17, 2006

Buy this coffee... NOW!

Ritchey Designs, the component and bike company, is also full of love for the world. I mean that too, I'm not being my usual smart ass. Ritchey is working with Project Rwanda to help the people of the impoverished country. As part of that process, they are selling a delicious coffee that benefits the people of the country and helps to fund advocacy.

Tom Ritchey is a long-time "hero" of mine in the bike industry. Gary Boulanger is the man behind the Ritchey PR/Marketing and a big part of the advocacy measuers at the company. The two of them make a hell of a team. Gary is somebody that I know through the industry and we share a lot of the same passions. He's a great guy and a great fit with Ritchey. Masi spec's Ritchey components because they make great stuff, but I have to admit that there is a part of me that enjoys using their parts because of who they are not because of what they sell. Personality goes a long way.

Anyway, if you have that urge to drink really damned good coffee and combine that with a level of compassionate humanitarianism, then you should really buy the Wooden Bike Coffee- I promise you won't regret it.

Tim

1 comment:

Yokota Fritz said...

I couldn't help but laugh at your description of Gary and Tom and wondered if you chose some of your adjectives on purpose. :-) Describing a couple of strong Christians as "damned" and "doing a hell of a job" and meaning every bit of it as praise is just a little ironic!