Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Grab-bag-o-stuff...

Let's see, last night's late night post was all about the traveling in Ireland...

So I'll pick up from there...


The Masiwife overlooking the river Nore that runs through the middle of the city (which, by the way, is packed full of trout- you see them all over the place in the river... [Anne- talking to you]).

Yep, me at the same spot on the river... it was really pretty, jeesh...


Kilkenny castle- just a block away from where we stayed in the town.

It's a pretty impressive site, with a massive (as in "as far as the eye can see" lawn). It was built in the 1100's (that's 300+ years before the Americas were "discovered").

The Masiwife says it is "her" castle and licked the doorknob to claim it... so don't even try and take it.


This is the back of the Butler House, where we stayed. That's the Masiwife soaking in more Irish "sunshine" (that's light rain to you and me).

Ireland was beautiful. Kilkenny was amazing, the people very friendly and the scenery amazing. If you are on the fence about visiting Ireland, get off the fence and go!

More later...

Tim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make us all jealous???

annie said...

Doorknobs are unsanitary. It is not always a good idea to try and be like Gilby....

James T said...

I have heard that it is fine to lick a doorknob as long as you have a pint of Guinness on hand to kill the germs.

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a lovely trip. I'm quite jealous. Though, unlike James, I'd recommend a dram of Irish whiskey to kill the germs instead of Guinness. Just a preference.

I recently received some squishy Dukes (the mascot of the Java language) from Mary at Sun. To thank her, I used my Masi Gran Corsa in a photo with them. She decided to post it on her blog at http://blogs.sun.com/mary/entry/my_new_best_friend_i

Please keep up the travelogue posts!

Donna Tocci said...

Beautiful! I'm with Reva...jealous. Glad you both had a fabulous time!