Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sea Otter '07- a pictorial essay (Part 2)

Now we move on to more pictures from Sea Otter. The last installment covered the drive up to Monterey, so I'll pick up from there.

You heard'em... no parkin here. Keep movin.

I was going to get a picture of the full plate, but it was slowing me down from eating. Let's just say that I scared my breakfast companions.

I had a meeting after breakfast with Dirty Beary... get it... Dirty Beary! (He's a fan.)

As hard as it is to imagine, it was raining when we went to the race venue to set up the trailer. Go figure!
We went on a ride of the cross country course after getting things started with set-up. The hills around the course were full of wild flowers and gorgeous green hills.

It was a really gorgeous day and I felt pretty lucky to be getting paid to be riding my bike.

At this point in the ride, I was actually warm and feeling a little too hot... that would change later.

Those rolling hills were so gorgeous. Even the doom-filled clouds in the background seemed "pretty"...

This is where wool jerseys come from. Aren't they cute. They didn't lok hot or itchy either... cool modern wool.

Ok, that's part 2. You'll have to wait for part 3 now.

Tim

1 comment:

SickBoy said...

Parkin (Joe) is usually in MN hanging out at One on One....