Monday, June 16, 2008

Ramblin, ramblin man...

Yesterday was Father's Day and I only realized that Saturday at my nephew's birthday, as I still though this was May... because I've been trapped in a timewarp for the past 7 weeks.

Masidaughter and I spent the afternoon together at my mom's place, where she splashed in the pool and was generally very happy. It made for a very mellow and relaxing day. Nothing big, nothing stressful... just time in the water for her and a little time in the shade outside for me.

Back at my desk- finally!

Today was my first day back in the office since the crash. Tomorrow (6/17) will mark 7 weeks since the crash. Wow. WOW! I got up and tried to get out the door matching my normal schedule, but it was hard... but I managed to get to the office only about 5 minutes late (which is early for me). I hate driving, but I admit that it felt good to get my mobility and freedom back.

I managed to make it through an entire day too- I only had to go lie down on the couch in the art department twice and elevate my leg to get the swelling to go down. I only got one headache that required ibuprofen and I didn't have the sudden critical need to nap. In other words... I MADE IT!

Aside from the joy of making it back to work, I also had the great pleasure of looking at those new sample bikes finally. Oh man... these are some really gorgeous bikes. I almost pity the other bike companies out there... almost... (wink). I gotta say, the new Dura Ace 7900 group is growing on me more and more all the time. I wasn't crazy about the cranks at first, but...

And yes, as always, I'll leak a few spy shots to you later... promise.


I got a all from Brad Pitt's people... they wanna talk...

On the way home, I stopped in the neighborhood and got my first haircut in 3 months... and now feel a little less grotesque. Between all the leg and facial hair AND a truly unkempt head, I've been losing my mind. So today marks a nice milestone; first day back in the office and a new haircut! It was a good day...

(I'll talk about the cool goodies that were waiting for me next post...)

Tim
PS- I wore the SockGuy Dummy socks today too... thanks to my great friends there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking GOOD! So happy you are back at the desk! Expect ups and downs, but you are on your way, my brother!

TheNanny612 said...

I am thrilled you had a wonderful Father's Day with your daughter. What a wonderful picture of her in your mom's pool.

Glad to hear you are back at work. Loved the Brad Pitt doo.... It looks HOT on you. ;-)

Shana

Bike Junkie said...

Congrats on getting back to work! Like the socks!

Anonymous said...

Tim,
"GOOD PAPPY!"
Did you pay for that look? :-)
Seriously, dodged a new 'Prius' this weekend, from behind, as these new electric vehicles are TRULY near silent!
MUCH quieter than a ICE powered auto or truck during 0-30 MPH operation.
(LOW audible warning!)
Today and in our global future SILENCE will harm you!
Suggest staying at your 'work' desk indefinitely, safety first!

Anonymous said...

awesome that you are back at work

that will lift your spirits being connected to your co workers and bikes. just don't push yourself too hard...there's plenty of time to do everything...just enjoy each moment as it unfolds and glad to read that you are getting better with every day.

eric

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are on the mend and best of all, MasiDaughter looks like she was having a good time.

All in all excellent things are ahead.

P.S. - Them socks . . . I need to get a pair of them. Especially after the epic concusion I gave myself when out mountain biking last year. Oi.

Donna T. said...

I'm so glad you made it to work and back in one piece..and it seems without too much additional trauma. Being back in the hustle and bustle will feel good after being home on the couch for so long, but make sure to take advantage of that couch in the art department when you need to. I'm sure they won't mind.

Great shot of the princess, too. Sounds like a perfect Father's Day!

Unknown said...

Making it through a day without an urge to nap is better than I normally do, and I'm not recovering from significant injuries. Glad to hear you're doing so well.

Kk said...

Now that's MUCH better!