Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One way or another, I'm gonna stink tonight...

It's fishing night tonight. Fishing and cigars. Fishing, cigars and Scotch. It is very likely I'll come home smelly tonight- hopefully from catching a lot of fish. I'll take the camera and see if we can get some pic's of the evening's catch. "Fish on!"

Team OFSOOS is still in the works, so stay tuned for more details. I am looking forward to seeing a few team jersey designs and will share them with all of you. I hope I don't have to point out that the design will be fun and cool. It should hopefully go without saying by now.

Spoke with one of the magazines this morning about the SRAM road stuff. Looking for my thoughts on the products since I was so vocal in my desire to see the stuff in the first place. Sounds like my impressions are pretty much the same as what other PM's (Product Managers, not Prime Ministers) are saying. Should make for an interesting product year as we move closer to 2007. One of the interesting questions raised was do you jump on the SRAM wagon on the first year of the product for the novelty and newness or do you wait until the second year and make sure the "bugs are worked out"? I'm completely on the fence with that one. Pretty much everybody knows I liked the stuff, but a couple of minutes on the trainer with the prototypes is a heck of a lot different from spending quality time with the product on an actual bike you ride all the time. How will it break in? How will it wear? How easy is set-up going to be? How serviceable will it be? Those are questions you just can't answer without beating the crap out of the components on a bike... but I'm intrigued. Besides, I have no clue what the pricing will be like for the gear, so who knows if it will be price competitive enough to win spec from PM's. AND... what pro teams will be riding the group? All good questions...

Ok, back to the real work at hand. Bummer...

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the Cyclingnews.com article on the new SRAM stuff and they do look easier to shift while on the drops, and I especially liked the shift-while-sprinting hand position (this always proves to be a bit difficult when I try it with my Ultegra shifters), but there's just something weird about a single lever that has two shift actions that go in the same direction. I would love to jump on the bandwagon, but first I think I need to see the shifters proven by pros. I'd feel more comfortable about them if I knew that someone who makes their living riding bikes trusts the gear. Then again, I didn't get a chance to touch the stuff at Interbike. You do make them sound pretty tasty, Tim . . .

That's my $.02.

dan23dan23 said...

Tim,

You need to post a poll, and have a reader vote on team names. OFOOSO, or SOFA! Just my thoughts...