Monday, October 03, 2005

Wow, thanks!

Getting back into my desk was a little hard, given the amount of crap waiting to be addressed and falling out of my tiny little cubicle.

I just wanted to take a quick moment (since I am staring at 3 weeks worth of work that needs to be started after a week in Canada, a week away from my desk getting ready for Vegas and then a week actually in Vegas) and say thank you to a bunch of folks who have been very, very kind and generous to me.

I don't know who you are "anonymous", but I truly appreciate your comment a few posts below. I am flattered that you would call me the future of the industry. That really means a lot to a bike-nerd like me. I didn't actually set up my trade show booth, since I was in the desert setting up for dirt/ road demo at Bootleg Canyon. I did however tear it down and pack it into the crate. 5 days of being the Masiguy was as much fun as it was work. Really. It should be no surprise that I love my job and am passionate about the bikes and I think I am pretty lucky to get to do what I do- though I might have phrased that a little differently during the drive home.

Donna Tocci has been exceptionally kind in her words as well and I just have to let all of you know what a smart and insightful person she is. She deserves way, way, way more credit than she has received in the past. The fact that she has said the nice things about this blog that she has is a huge, huge compliment to me. If you could all have a conversation with her, you'd understand why.

There are others, many others, who have been very kind in their support. Believe me when I say that the people I get to work with and deal with are what helps to make this the best job I have ever had. I will continue to do what I have been doing on this blog and I hope that you will all continue to read along as I go. Things are really very exciting right now and I honestly believe some very big things are on the horizon. There will be lots of news to share soon, as well as more pictures, so I hope you will continue to visit. Over the next few weeks and months, I will also be making some updates to the site, so I apologize now if things get a little messy.

Thank you to all of the "fans", friends and supporters. You all help to make this project a success.

Tim
(So much for the "quick moment"... I'm a man of few words... I admit it.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to make me blush...
Thanks, Tim. I mean every good word about your blog! And I'm not shy, if I ever disagree I'll let you know that, too.
Have a fantabulous day sorting through your desk!

Anonymous said...

Look up velo-retro.com VR5, this weekend, probably 40 Masi's worth a drive.

James T said...

I am glad that you had a succesful show. It is true that your passion for bicycles comes accross in everthing you write. That is why I think your blog stands out. I have only been reading for a short time, but I really enjoy it. I only wish I had found it sooner.