Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The end, my friends, is drawing near.

It is that darned time of year, when all of the Best Of lists start showing up all over the danged place, as do all of the New Year's Resolution polls and discussions. My feelings about the re-hashing of the year's events is a bit ambivalent. I certainly don't mind looking back and recognizing accomplishments and/ or great people, but it just gets out of hand. The Resolution crap does too, yet every year I find myself falling into the same old trap and trying to commit myself to goals that I won't likely remember a few weeks after I have made them, probably because I've read a few too many Best Of lists.

So, in the spirit of being annoying, I am going to try to come up with some resolutions and some Masiguy's Best of 2005 awards. I don't know how successful I will be, but I'll try to come up with some funny stuff and maybe even a few "serious" things too. I'll have to give it some thought over these last few days of the year. I am resolving to keep less beer in the house this coming year, so my creativity may suffer... bear with me.

Tim

No comments: