Friday, November 11, 2005

More bikes?

First off- you have no idea how much I get mocked for my blogging by my co-workers. Admittedly, it is because they are jealous. Most of them read the blog daily or nearly daily anyway. I know that by Monday I will be getting teased for my enthusiasm, but I'm thick-skinned enough to live with it...

We finished up the preliminary discussions on the next line of bikes today. Now I revise the initial preliminary line outline and then next week we throw it to the wolves during our Marketing Summit. Once the wolves get done picking the meat from the skeleton, I get to piece the scraps together and map out what will end up becoming a line of bikes. Now, it could happen that the line I came out of the meeting with today will be loved by the Summit attendees and will not require any further reworking... but I'm not foolish or arrogant enough to really believe that. However, I do feel pretty good about the direction we are heading in.

Next week will be a big one for me as I try to get the kind of feedback that will help to yield a stronger and better brand. The event last year was very successful and ultimately helped to create the current bikes that I am very proud of. I am hoping for more of the same this year.

Tim

3 comments:

Jill Homer said...

Good luck with that! I agree that bloggers get a bad rap from the people they know. I guess we often fit in the "too much information" category

Bernie said...

That marketing summit sure sounds neat... I hope one day, when I'm grown, I can get invited to the Masi marketing summit...

Anonymous said...

Hell yeah, Tim - rock the summit!