Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Unsolicited pro rider testimonial.

This is just too cool not to share, since it gives me the chance to say "I told you so..."

Here is an unsolicited testimonial from Damien Waugh, of the Masi-Adobe racing team in Canada;

Tim,
Just a note to say how much myself and my teammates are enjoying the 3VC Volumetrica. This past weekend Masi-Adobe took 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on these beauties. This is at one of the toughest courses of the spring series races; 15 laps of a course with a long stepped climb in it.
At first I was apprehensive about riding a sloping geometry bike. Being 6'5" I've got a fair amount of post sticking out. Also, I've never ridden a full-carbon bike before. But honestly this is the sweetest bike I have ever had the pleasure to ride.
The complete bike, with the largest frame weighs in at a mere 16.5 pounds!
It climbs incredibly, accelerates nice, solid on the descents. Just a really smooth ride, the carbon absorbs a lot of vibration, but it feels strong when you need to get her going.
The workmanship is slick too. The internal carbon lugs look wicked and the paint job is top notch. Especially considering we have a matching kit to go with it.
Cheers,
Damien


See, I told you so! It's not like I'm the one paying the guy to ride his bike, so he doesn't "owe me" anything. Pretty danged cool if you ask me (go ahead, ask me).

Thank you Damien and congratulations Masi-Adobe on a great race weekend.

Tim

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had second wheel going into a crit this weekend.

i got 35th place.

i would of had 29th if I had a masi.

Anonymous said...

That dude is not a PRO! Is every CAT 1/2 in the country a PRO!?

Anonymous said...

WOW!
Anonymous sounds upset that this gentleman was referred to as a "pro"...

sounds like somebody didn't make the cut

cjloker said...

Hi,

I have about 5000 miles on an 04 Speciale Primio 853 Reynolds frame. What are your thoughts on an upgrade to a 3v or should I buy a new grupo-wheels and keep the old steel frame going?

Tim Jackson said...

cjloker- I hope you come back to see this...

Well, that's a tough question there. I love my 3VC frames, but I also have a soft spot for steel. A BIG soft spot. It really depends on the type of riding you want to do. If you want the lightest possible bike, then go after the 3VC. I have to say though, that 853 tubing has such a wonderful ride character. It all depends on what you want to do.

Sorry if that's a vague answer.