Monday, August 22, 2005

I'm still here... I swear.

It's too funny- I miss a couple days of posting and all of a sudden people think I got fired or something. I'm still here, until they start mailing my check elsewhere.

Things have been busy trying to wrap up so many details regarding the tradeshows that are coming up so very, very soon. There has been a really cool thread of dialog about Interbike today on Just Riding Along. You should give it a read.

My legs were just crap all week last week and I had an important visitor here so I skipped racing at the track, but I think I'll go back tomorrow night and get beat up. It's Endurance night, so it'll be all those long events that I really stink at. However, it's racing and it is fun. The cool thing is that the San Diego Velodrome Association is finally having some repairs done to the track surface. It'll cut down on track time availability, but it will sure be worth it in the end. I can't wait to get rid of the potholes; you can lose sight of the horizon when you roll into one.

I've been remiss in failing to mention some praise for Levi Leipheimer and his lead in the Tour of Germany. How cool if he wins. That will mean a lot of stage races won by Americans this year; 3 by Julich, 1 by what's-his-name and now Levi. I've never met the guy, but from what I hear, he's a genuinely good guy. I think he probably has the race wrapped up now, not to jinx the guy, and it will surely be the biggest win of his career. He sure looked like a winner on the climbing stage he won last week. Too bad he didn't have the same legs in July. Next year maybe.

More cool news and stuff to follow soon...

Tim

No comments: