Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Leaving again soon...

Saturday morning, before the sun comes up, I'll be driving to the airport for my 4th trip to Taiwan in the past 12 months. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all because I enjoy Taiwan. It's just amazing to think about the amount of traveling that I have been doing lately. I'll be back in Taiwan again in March too and probably again after that during this calendar year. Honestly, I could easily see being over there for a week every other month. Scary.

I'm going to try and get some good video while I am over in Taichung and try to do a few podcasts as well. The internet service at the hotel is sometimes a bit sketchy, so I may or may not be able to get the podcasts or videos to upload- it can sometimes take several minutes to just upload a single photo to the blog. Still, I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Float your requests to me now and I will try to cover them. I'll try to get some video of some of the factory stuff, if they'll let me- not everybody wants you filming their factory operations. That said, I'll still try... anything for you, my faithful readers/ listeners/ viewers.

We're flying in to Taipei, as always, but we are skipping the usual 2 hour drive to Taichung in favor of taking the recently completed high speed train. The drive is normally 2 hours, but the train ride is less than an hour! I'm very excited, as I've never ridden a high speed train before. Should be cool- I'll try to get video and maybe even record some audio for the podcast. We'll have to see...

On an unrelated topic, my legs felt much better today than I thought they would. After the climbing I did yesterday, I assumed my legs would feel like wood today. However, they did not! I did my customary ride at lunch today and my legs felt far better than I expected. They didn't feel great, but they didn't feel like I had ridden as hard as I did yesterday either. That hopefully means good things for this new race season. I want to win some races this year!

That's all I've got for today... but I'll have more tomorrow and maybe even another episode of the podcast too. So stay tuned...

Tim

3 comments:

spokejunky said...

How about some Masi bike pr0n leading up to the March Tapei bike show?

Crack one open before you hit the skyway:

Grigio

Anonymous said...

Tim,
"Before you depart ..."
Ask your HARO 'Biz Babe' if that is a photograph of a 'pensive' helmeted Jill Hamilton within Mountain Bike Action mag, page 19, Article: The Woman Of Whistler?

joelprice.com said...

I know it's not the focus of your blog/podcast but I would love to know what cycling helmets you like or why you use the one you have, etc. I'm in the market for a new helmet and have a big head (size) and having a real hard time finding something. Also know you've been in a accident like to know how the helmet did, etc. just some ideas for podcast fodder. Have a safe trip.