Monday, December 19, 2005

Tag! You're it!

My blogging friend Gilby in Minnestoa has "tagged" me in a little dialog that has been going on in the blogosphere, so now I am supposed to tell you all 5 "interesting" things about myself. Seeing as to how there isn't much I haven't already told you about me, this is proving to be a little harder than I initially thought.

So let's see...
1) My middle name is Vance. Named after my mother's brother, my Uncle Vance. My first name comes from my father's brother. I am named after two great men who I have admired all of my life and am lucky to be named after them.
2) My daughter's middle name is Dorothy, after my grandmother. She was one of the most important people in my life, still is, and we had a great relationship. My daughter's middle name was originally going to be Mary, after my wife's sister, but when my grandmother passed away a few weeks before my daughter was born, my wife recommended Dorothy. (I know that technically isn't about me, but it ties into the whole name thing above.)
3) I sometimes border on obsessive compulsive. I can really get derailed by an obsession- for example loading music onto my new iPod or blogging. I get a nervous tick if I go more than 24 hours without blogging... just ask my coworkers or wife. That's just scratching the surface too. I have been known to lie awake in bed all night long because I am stuck on a line from a song and don't know any of the other words.
4) I'm something of a pack rat. (Stop it right there honey- skip the comments on this one. Save your comments for another one.) I hate to throw anything away because I just know I'll need it later. I have tubes and tires that have holes in them, in boxes, just in case I need them in an emergency. When I moved out of my old storage space, I finally threw away a bunch of old bottom bracket spindles and bearings that I had been saving- just in case- and I felt physically ill doing it.
5) When I was working for NiteRider, I received a package without a return address or name on it and no information inside of it. The only thing I found written on the box were the two words mark package. As it turns out, those were instructions for somebody to mark the package a certain way for shipping to NiteRider. The label on the box covered and then tore off the instructions and other info, so I made the assumption that the owner's name was Mark Package and set up the return for that guy. "What a name", I thought to myself and the package sat on our shelves in repair for almost a year before the guy who really did own it called and claimed his light. He placed a few stickers on the battery and lamp head so we could identify it as his. I laughed and said, "oh, so you're Mark Package..." He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

Ok, so now it is your turn. Consider yourself tagged. If you've been fool enough to read this, you are now tagged and are to tell us 5 interesting facts about your self. So either post'em in the comments here or just put a link to your blog in the comment area.

Tim

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted couldnt think of anything interesting so he left it up to me, his girlfriend. I have written on his blog at:

http://www.otc.edu/studentsvcs/registrar/transcript.htm

Anonymous said...

That would be the address to a school I went to.....

here is the real address:

http://changoville.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Break the news about Abercrombie and Fitch! C'mon!

Gilby said...

It seems like everything that's been published about OCD seems to preclude pack-rat-ism. Yet nearly every obsessive-compulsive person I have ever met is a natural born hoarder.

stickboybike said...

...my senselessness
http://stickboycircusbike.blogspot.com/2005/12/hello-mr-anderson.html

Anonymous said...

Timmmayyyy!
I think you misunderstood the request. The idea was 5 INTERESTING things...and you forgot about your Turets syndrome and the names you throw out around the office

Anonymous said...

Anyone who doesn't believe #4 needs to look at his workspace!!!