Monday, May 12, 2008

Yes, it's true!

Yes, rumors have been swirling about for a bit that Lance Armstrong's new bike shop in Austin, TX- Mellow Johnny's- was going to be carrying Masi bikes.

Well... it's true!

If you click through the thumbnail images, you'll see several of the bikes around- Speciale Fixed, Speciale CX and SoulVille. (Thanks to my friend Gary Boulanger of Bike Radar for snapping the pictures during the opening.)

The story, as I have been told, is that Lance's partner/s and shop manager came to the Masi booth during the last Interbike and spoke with me and looked at the bikes. Apparently they liked what they saw and heard. Honestly, I spoke with about 1,000 folks during the show and do not remember speaking to them (though their faces are familiar in the pictures). I'd love to take credit for this happening- of course- but the real hero is the bikes themselves. I just stood there and looked pretty... the bikes did the work.

So if Masi is good enough for the most famous cyclist in the world (outside of Saint Merckx), then Masi is good enough for the rest of us!

Clearly, we're very happy to be associated with such a name and brand as Lance. It's a big day at Masi Global Domination HQ. But, please also support the other fine Masi retailers in Austin (and all over Texas and beyond). Austin is a wonderful city that I have loved for many years and the cycling community there is among the best in the US. I'm happy that we are a part of the mix there and hope that the fine folks of Austin will enjoy our bikes!

Tim

8 comments:

Donna T. said...

Look at that...sidelined and STILL heading towards world domination...you kick *ss, Jackson!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a very nice endorsement. Keep up the good work and REST!!!

Chris said...

THAT ROCKS!! I still LOVE MY MASI and always will. Well deserved spot in what I'm sure is a great shop!

Kk said...

Congrats, Yo! It's true - you can't keep a Masiguy down!

Anonymous said...

That's news that makes the body hurt a little less, eh?!

Matt Boulanger said...

Nice Nice!

Get more eyes on those beautiful bikes!

joelprice.com said...

Congrats! I'm planning on taking a trip to Austin to see the Bike Shop. I'm such a geek!

Yokota Fritz said...

What's the story on that Speciale fixed with the Swobo logoed grips?