Thursday, September 29, 2005

I need to get some sleep...

Vegas is so hard for trying to get to sleep. I got in to my room at 3:00AM this morning and was up at 6:00 to go to the show and sell some bikes. Here it is almost 1:00AM and I'm creating this post, for you my loyal readers.

I wish this was a better picture and that I was in it, but here is the incredible Eddy Merckx! Yes, I stood in line and got an autograph from the legend of cycling... and for the third time in a row, all I could manage to say to my all-time cycling hero was "thanks Eddy"... what an idiot I am.

Tomorrow night is an "Evening with Edddy Merckx", hosted by Bicycling Magazine, and I was given a VIP pass to attend... so guess where I'll be tomorrow night? Hopefully this time, I can find the strength to make less of an ass of myself.

Here's another fuzzy image of yours truly at the Masi booth, waiting to sell some bikes and get Masi rolling.

Did I mention that I had three different folks from SRAM come by the booth today and poke around? How fun/funny is that? Hey guys; next time wait another minute for me to finish dealing with my customer and I will be happy to talk to you for a minute.

Speaking of customers, just like last year I have been slammed nearly non-stop helping customers who have either walked in by themselves or who were handed to me by the sales rep. So far, the overwhelming response has been very strong. Needless to say, I'm happier than a pig in poop.

Ok, off to sleep now before the next big day of making people happy about buying Masi. (SRAM, SRAM, SRAM... let's do lunch.)

Tim

1 comment:

DT said...

So it's been a bit since I last went into the shop that sponsors me. I prefer the dirt to the road, so I usually don't pay much attention to the road bikes. Evidently we are now carrying Masi and I gotta say damn, I'm impressed. For half the price of a comparable bike and weighing only 17 lbs...well I was shocked to say the least. Keep doing what you guys are doing!