Friday, January 13, 2006

A&F rider profile; Tim Swain

I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that this fine young man was born when I started getting into racing. B-O-R-N... I'm pretty much speechless, so I'll let the little fella do the talking now.

Tim Swain
6’3”
170
11/02/1982
Currently Attending: The Ohio State University
Major: Financial Planning

I’ve been involved in sports since I was a child. I played soccer, football and basketball up until junior year of high school. The high school cross country/track coach convinced me to join the team and I decided to start swimming during the winter. I ended up doing alright in both these sports specializing in the 1 mile and 800m in track and 100 free and 100 breaststroke in swimming. My best result ever in high school was at the regional track meet when I ran a 4:25 mile.


After high school I attended Loyola University of Chicago. I decided running was not what I wanted to do anymore and started riding my bike on the lakeshore path for exercise. The next thing I knew I was on the Loyola Cycling team and riding on local club rides with the Higher Gear boys. I learned a lot about cycling during my two years in Chicago and decided that I wanted to take it more seriously. I transferred to Miami University of Ohio my sophomore year. My stay at Miami University of Ohio was short lived, but I did meet one dashing young man by the name of RYAN GAMM (teammate- Ed) during my short visit. I quickly transferred to the Ohio State University, where I have happily been studying Financial Planning and this is where I met alumni RYAN RISH (teammate- Ed) and MARK HEKMAN (teammate- Ed).

I have competitively ridden in collegiate racing for 4 years and 3 years as an amateur. I have had many great races and many tough races and a few stitches in the process. I would say my greatest achievements to date include, placing 15th at The Four Bridges of Elign Espoir race(as a Cat 3), 4th Overall in the Cat 2 Altoona Points race and doing the PRO AM, CAT 2 and CAT 1 race at Downers Grove this past season. I am really excited about this upcoming season and really really looking forward to rock’n the MASI bikes in the domestic peloton.


Well, he certainly knows how to finish strong (always good to compliment the sponsors...). I'm still reeling over the fact he was born when I got started in the sport. I'M NOT OLD PEOPLE! Well, older than most of the riders on the team, but they are still ok with me.

6'3" is a good start though. I think we'll keep him.

Tim

No comments: