Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Being Thankful.

I find myself feeling particularly challenged this year, in the "being thankful" department. Sometimes life is like that though. Just the same, I'm working on remembering the blessings I have because when you take them for granted, they go away.

I am thankful for;
My children- happy and healthy, thank God.
My family.
The friends I have- both in the flesh and those of you I've never actually met.
The job I have that allows me to travel the country and the world- all because of bicycles.
Bicycles- without them I wouldn't have my great job.
The ability to still ride a bike- even if less often than I would like and below the level I would like. Every ride is better than no ride at all.
The ability to be thankful for something, no matter how small or insignificant it might seem to somebody else.

I hope that you have at least a little something you can feel thankful for too. Enjoy Thanksgiving- even if it just means you don't have to work. Be thankful for that and go for a ride. Always remember, things can always get worse. This year, I have been reminding myself of that... more than in previous years. I'm thankful I can still believe it.

Have a great Thanksgiving and spend it doing whatever makes you happy, whether that is being with family and eating turkey (or turkey tofu) or just riding your favorite road or trail. Regardless, enjoy the day and be thankful.

Tim
PS- More Taiwan and Japan pictures and stories coming.

3 comments:

Donna T. said...

Nice reminder, Tim. I'm thankful for my family and friends...that includes you, of course!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, including my fellow pie lover, Masidaughter!

Anonymous said...

Tim,
"Gobble, pedal, Gobble, pedal ..."
Enjoy the holiday,

Anonymous said...

We are all thankful for you.

CT
Team Inferno