Sunday, November 18, 2007

Good morning Tokyo

Today is the last day of the show, which means I will be flying home tomorrow. I miss my family and Thanksgiving is just a few days away, but I will be a bit melancholy as I step on the plane- Tokyo and the people I have met in Japan have made a very lasting impression on me.

I certainly hope that I am lucky enough to return next year and as many years as possible afterwards. Fortunately, the Japanese market represents some great potential for the brand, so I have a legitimate reason to return. I will be working on some special bikes, just for Japan, in the coming months and years. The Japanese market is similar, yet very different from the US market. Bikes that I can not sell in the US are very popular here. I am very fortunate to have the distributor (Azuma) here that I do.

I will have more pictures from the show- the booth, the bikes, the people and products- later tonight or tomorrow morning.

To Japan and the people of Tokyo, I wish to say thank you- supashi-bo. I will forever be an admirer of Japan and the people.

Tim

1 comment:

Ben Ayers said...

Hi there, sounds like you have had a great time in Japan...My name's Ben and I have set up a social network for cyclists called meandmybicycle. Being a self confessed bike geek I though you may be interested. You can find it at http://meandmybicycle.com.
Cheers,
Ben